[Tutor] wiped file

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Jul 14 20:08:52 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:06:28PM -0500, Noah Stickel wrote:
> i open a python file in IDLE (python 3.5.1) and then my computer froze
> after displaying an error 40 message (i have a DELL PC) and when i
> restarted it i discovered that the file had been completely wiped clean. So
> i still have the file but there is nothing in it. is there anyway i can
> restore the contents of this python file?

Probably not. This is not a Python issue, but a problem with your
operating system and hard drive's file system.

If your file is called (let's say) "myfile.py", you could look for a
file called "myfile.py~" which may contain a backup, or possibly a
previous version. But unlikely.

By the way, what's "error 40"? Is that a Windows thing?

--
Steve