[Tutor] Problem with code

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 04:17:53 EDT 2016

On 05/07/16 04:36, Frank Lawrence wrote:
> Hello, I have a code here that I’m having a problem with.

Unfortunately we can't see it.

Now, I could see it among a bunch of HTML when I checked it in the
moderator queue, so I'm guessing you sent it as some kind of
attachment and the server has stripped it off.

Please resend the code pasted into the body of the email.

> I keep trying to add music to it and whenever I try to play
> the music with the program running, it always freezes up
> and crashes.

I don't know about the crash, but the freezing may be
because it needs to run in a separate thread. Anything
that takes a long time to process in a GUI should be
done in a background thread. (I don't know if you are
familiar with threads yet, but they are a kind of
lightweight background subprocess that allows your
program to do two things at once.)

But without seeing the code that is just a guess!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site