[Tutor] PLEASE I NEED HELP URGENTLY

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Jan 13 15:51:46 EST 2016

On 13/01/2016 20:44, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 13/01/2016 18:13, Alan Gauld wrote:
>> On 13/01/16 17:53, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>
>>> This is beyond a joke.  The main mailing list is all ready being
>>> moderated because of the constant messages asking for help on this
>>> presumably homework question. Can these be stopped at source here
>>> please?
>>
>> I'm not sure we should. This is the kind of thing tutor is
>> here for. The poster has provided his code and the error
>> and is puzzled by a very common beginners issue - the
>> use of dunder methods.
>>
>> It seems like a legitimate tutor post.
>> I fully understand the main list not wanting to take them
>> but this feels like the right place, as far as I can tell.
>>

> Quoting the main Python list
>
> <quote>
> On 13/01/2016 05:57, ifeanyioprah--- via Python-list wrote:
>
> [... snip yet another homework dump with one more still held in
> moderation ...]
>
> At this point you're basically spamming this list. I won't allow any
> more of your posts through unless they appear to be engaging with the
> help shown to you (and others?) over the last few days.
>
> TJG
> </quote>
>
> What do you want, blood?

Speaking as the list moderator in question over there: if I might
moderate Mark's well-known zeal...

What started as a somewhat naive but fairly typical request for
coursework-style help turned into an untenable situation with the OP (or
apparently several OPs, some or all possibly sock-puppets) repeating
variants on the same question or simple pleas for help again and again
without apparently engaging with any of the help they were receiving.

What you choose to do on the Tutor list is entirely up to you. For now,
on the main python-list, I've held the most egregious email address
offenders for moderation.

TJG