[Tutor] Python for Grade 12 Calculus

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Feb 12 04:10:15 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:45:35PM -0500, Ek Esawi wrote:
> I am not sure of the level of your students but computing the Jacobin and
> directional derivative where they can use both calculus and linear algebra;
> numerical differentiation and integration would be another topic. There are
> several books with nice numerical recipes that can be programmed using
> python.

I'm not sure what maths schooling is like in Canada, but if it's like
Australia, that might be far beyond the capabilities of the typical Year
12 student. I've been tutoring at a Yr 12 level for about 15 years now,
and I have no idea what you mean by "Jacobin and directional derivative"
:-)

--
Steve