[Tutor] I Need Help

Micheal Emeagi michealemeagi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:12:01 EDT 2016

This is what it is suppose to be

[1, 1, 1.5]
[1, 1, 1.5, 2.25]
[1, 1, 1.5, 2.25, 3.125]
[1, 1, 1.5, 2.25, 3.125, 4.06]
[1, 1, 1.5, 2.25, 3.125, 4.06, 5.03]

The model below is what I want to implement.I chose alpha to be 0.5. The
model below chose 0.3.

What is Exponential Smoothing?

   - A type of weighted moving averaging model
   - Part of many forecasting packages; ideal for developing forecasts of
   lots of smaller items
   - Needs only three numbers:

Ft-1 = Forecast for the period before

current time period t

At-1 = Actual demand for the period

before current time period t

*a* = Weight between 0 and 1

   - Formula

   - As a gets closer to 1, the more weight put on the most recent demand
   number

Exponential Smoothing Forecaset with a = .3