[Tutor] data storage question

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Wed Aug 3 22:05:23 EDT 2016

> Based on both replies I got, JSON is what I will use.
>
> I do need the keys in the dictionary to be numerals, specifically they are integers.
>
> I believe after I load a stored pt_table, I can use this script to convert the keys back to integers.
>
> pt_table = dict((int(key), value) for key, value in pt_table.items())
>
> Please correct me if there is something wrong with that or if there's something else I should now about converting the keys to ints after reading the stored data.

Hi Colby,

Yes, this looks ok to me.  I think we can also express it as a
dictionary comprehension.
(https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/datastructures.html#dictionaries)

    pt_table = {int(key): value for key, value in pt_table.items()}

I think the dictionary comprehension approach is slightly more
idiomatic, but what you've got looks ok too.