[Tutor] Sorting a list in ascending order [RESOLVED]

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Apr 30 23:22:40 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 07:05:27PM -0400, Ken G. wrote:

> Martin: I have been using Python2 for several years now and I have yet
> been able to change over to Python3. I am not together sure if Python3
> is now more stable to use and more commonly use. If so, I will gradually
> change over but do realize there is a learning curve to learn. It will
> be slowly done but sooner or later, I will be using Python3. I wonder if
> there is a script to translate my Python2 programs to Python3 format.

Python 3 is not only stable, it has been stable since version 3.1 about
five years ago. (Unfortunately, version 3.0 turned out to be broken and
should never be used.) We're now up to Python 3.5, with 3.6 about to
come out soon.

Python 2 comes with a script called "2to3" which will take a Python 2
script and update it to Python 3:

https://docs.python.org/2/library/2to3.html

Make sure you have backups!

--