[Tutor] customizing dark_harvest problems

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 7 21:15:07 EDT 2016

Jason Willis <chaoticslacker at gmail.com> writes:

> I am a complete noob when it comes to python and programming in
> general.

Welcome! Congratulations on choosing to learn Python.

> What i understand from the code so far

Please set your mail client to send plain text messages, and to not
automatically wrap lines of text when you paste in examples of program
code.

Only then can we see the exact same program code you see.

> Even though, from my understanding, the both web pages are structured
> identically the program does not work when I change the variable. What
> am I missing here? I haven't the slightest idea.

Nor do we. When reporting confusing behaviour, you need to say not only
that “the program does not work”; you need to say in quite close detail
what it *does*.

--
 \       “It is forbidden to steal hotel towels. Please if you are not |
  `\          person to do such is please not to read notice.” —hotel, |