[Tutor] mathematical and statistical functions in Python

Michel Guirguis guirguismichel at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 12:58:23 CEST 2015

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your e-mail. I did not receive e-mail from Mr Otten.Basically, the problem that I am facing is that python 3.4 does not recognise the mathematical and statistical functions.

For example, I am trying to find the square root, sqrt(25) but the program does not recognise the definition of sqrt(). The same problem i am facing with the mean, the variance and the standard deviation.

This is the main problem. Once I solve it, I can input the parameters of the mathematical financial model.

Thanks for your help,

Michel