[Tutor] Changes to dbm module/file format

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 15 19:26:28 EDT 2015

Has anyone noticed a change to the DBM file format or is it an OS
specific thing? Last time I used dbm it was on a Windoze box with
Python 3.3 and it generated sets of 3 files for each 'database'
created. (I think this is what it did under v2 as well?)

I just used it on my Linux box in 3.4 and its only creating
a single file. Is this a 3.4 change or a Linux/dbm feature?

I can't use Python on Windows at the moment so I can't check.
Does anyone know? I don't see anything in the module docs
about file formats differing by OS...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site