[Tutor] Integrating TDD into my current project work-flows

WolfRage wolfrage8765 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:24:14 CEST 2015

Update: My previous hack, has been changed. I now put:

import os
import sys
sys.path.append(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), '..'))

in the __main__.py file located under the tests/ directory and it is
only needed the one time in that one file. Not sure why I was thinking I
would need to do that for every test. But that now makes the tests
standalone.

Also I understand the benefit of coverage showing the coverage for test
files too, so this is not a problem.

As I am reading about TDD and unittests and the likes. I am thinking
that testing from a "higher" level is better as compared to the "unit"
level testing.
It seems to me that in order to get the benefits of testing I need to
have less test code that will actually test more of my real code. I am
seeing many potential names for this concept (Blackbox Automated
Testing; System Level Test; API Level Tests) and would like your inputs
on it.