[Tutor] Jacob Kaplan-Moss's keynote at PyCon 2015

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Mon May 4 19:03:31 CEST 2015

Apologies: this is somewhat off-topic, but I thought it might resonate
with the audience here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJdFxYlEKE

It reminds me of Camille Fournier's talk back in 2014 at BangBangCon:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc8sc-ELMhA

Both express the experience of being a programmer, on the dangers of
thinking of programming skill as some kind of bi-modal thing.  A key
point in both their talks, I think, is that almost all of us aren't
born natural programmers.  It's a skill.  We stumble, we learn, and we
can get better at it.

I hope that's an encouraging thought.