[Tutor] Ancient Python versions (was: Is there a way to store and later use comparison operators (<, <=, =, >=, >) ?)

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:54:21 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:15 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> One problem I have with searching the Python documentation is this:
>> https://docs.python.org/release/2.4.4/lib/lib.html
>
> If you actually need to read the documentation specifically for a Python
> version that has not been supported since 2008, then I agree that is a
> problem.

I'm pretty much stuck with these relics of Pythons past.

> The documentation has improved since then. If you want newer-looking
> documentation, maybe you should not expect it from a Python released
> nearlt a decade ago?

No, I am not looking for fancy aesthetics. I am looking for
intelligent use of whitespace, so that everything does not run
together into a nearly indistinguishable blob. Bold main section
headings would be nice as well. All of this has been possible forever
and evermore. Readability counts! ~(:>)

--
boB