[Tutor] set current working dir

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Mar 17 01:35:45 CET 2015

Rajbir Singh <rajbirs799 at gmail.com> writes:

> i need to know how i can set current working dir in an executing
> phython using os module

Why must it be using the ‘os’ module? It's generally a bad idea to
assume you need a specific module to provide the solution; better to
describe what you need to do, and not assume which module will provide
it.

As it turns out, the documentation for the ‘os’ module does show it has
what you need <URL:https://docs.python.org/3/library/os.html>. But
presumably since you know the name of that module you already looked
there?

--
 \           “I am as agnostic about God as I am about fairies and the |
  `\           Flying Spaghetti Monster.” —Richard Dawkins, 2006-10-13 |