[Tutor] Dynamic linking vs Static linking of libraries in python

Velummaylum Kajenthiran v.kajen at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 09:52:46 CEST 2015

Dear Sir/MadamI know the difference between static and dynamic linking in C or C++. But what does it mean this in Python? Since it's just an interpreter, and only having one style of import mechanism of modules, how this make sense?If I freeze my python application with PyInstaller, Is it a kind of dynamic linking? Because, users can replace that library by themselves in order to run my application with different versions of libraries.What would be the meaning for this, if I freeze this as one file exe? In this case, users can not replace the dlls in order to run my app with different versions of PySide libraries.Actually my problems is, I'm using PySide library (with LGPL v2.1) to develop python GUI application. Library says, I should dynamically link to library to obey their legal terms (same as Qt). In this case, how do I link PySide dynamically?