[Tutor] python 3.4 documentation

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Jun 15 05:46:08 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 02:13:04AM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:50:38 -0700, Alex Kleider writes:
> >On 2015-06-14 12:36, Hilton Fernandes wrote:
> >> Hello, Alex !
> >>
> >> I believe that maybe in the page
> >> https://docs.python.org/3/download.html
> >
> >Thank you Hilton, Laura and Peter for pointing me in the right
> >direction.
> >Being 'off line' will no longer be such a hardship.
>
> You are most welcome, but I want to go fix this for the next person
> who comes along.  Where did you find the bad link?  Or, if you just
> assumed that the one you tried would work, what can we do to keep the
> next person from assuming the same thing?

I think that what Alex means is that after downloading the docs via
wget, the links were broken in his local copy.

I'm not sure if that's to be expected or not. If the web pages are
static, then you should be able to download with wget and have it work
locally, but perhaps not if the webserver is doing something funny, or
if Alex got the wget command wrong.

--
Steve