[Tutor] the big o

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Wed Jul 29 03:52:47 CEST 2015

> I took Intro to Programming at Albright College and we used Starting Out with Python 3rd ed. Right now I am taking Data Structure and Analysis and we are using This book : http://interactivepython.org/runestone/static/pythonds/BasicDS/InfixPrefixandPostfixExpressions.html
>
> Thanks Alan for your explanation. The problem with me getting these terms and things is in part due to the accelerated rate in which my classes run. I cant possible master anything in a 6-8 week course, especially when I have zero programming background and about 2/3 of the class does... So I'll fake it till I make it.

This makes sense.  If you can, it might help to look for personal
support at your college too.  Of course, we'll be happy to help on
this mailing list!  But face-to-face support can also be very helpful,
because email can be parsimonious.

Some colleges have organizations and societies that offer help with
classwork.  If such "peer tutoring" services are available on your
campus, I'd strongly recommend connecting with them.  For example,
when I went to Berkeley, I used the services of Eta Kappa Nu.
(https://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/tutor/)  Good folks.  And I would
assume that there are similar groups at Albright College.