[Tutor] (no subject)

Job Hernandez jobrh2993 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 03:49:26 CEST 2015

 I have been  reading a book on Python. I am currently stuck with one of
the exercises and so wanted to ask you if you can help me.
Of course, if you have the time.

Exercise :  Ask the user to input 3 integers and prints out the largest odd
number. if no odd number was entered it should print a message o that
effect.

These lines of code don't work :

a = raw_input('enter number: ')
b = raw_input('enter number: ')
c = raw_input('enter number: ')

list = [ a, b, c]
list2 =[ ]

for x in list:
  if x%2 == 1: # responsible for the type error: not all arguments
converted during string                       #
 #formatting
      list2.append(x)
print list2

w = max(list2)

print ' %d is the largest odd number.' % w
# i don't know but maybe I have to return the list for this to work?
Because if I assign a
#variable to to  3 integers, like the code below it works.
But these do:

a = 3
b = 7
c = 9

list = [ a, b, c]
list2 =[]

for x in list:
  if x%2 == 1:
      list2.append(x)
print list2

w = max(list2)

print ' %d is the largest odd number.' % w

#Thank you for your time.

Sincerely ,

Job