[Tutor] Design question: Web-based vs. desktop-based vs. desktop-based with data backed up to web server with a tablet thrown in for all cases?

Dave P lists.davep at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 00:11:36 CEST 2015

On Jul 19, 2015 5:43 AM, "Laura Creighton" <lac at openend.se> wrote:

> In a message of Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:27:13 +1000, "Steven D'Aprano" writes:
> >I'm not sure if it runs on Macs, but it should work on Android, Windows,
> >and Linux, and of course it is entire Python-based.
>
> Python 2.7 only on for MacOSX.  Python 3 is coming very soon.
>
> Laura

Hi all,

I can't help thinking we're trying to reinvent the wheel here. I would be
quite surprised if Trello couldn't help in this situation. (I do not work
for Trello.com)

Long story short, it's kanban in the cloud and can be adapted for just
about anything.  It's free, too!  My son's multi-age, non-traditional
school -kids, teachers, and parents alike- use it to track student projects
& goals, plan school events, fundraising, wish lists, supplies lists, and
more.  It's easy to use, share, and collaborate.  It works in the browser
or you can use their mobile apps.  You can set up checklists, attach images
and files, work with due dates, comment and activity streams, etc.  Plus,
using their RESTful API, you could whip up some slick automation and
reporting (using Python, of course!)

I'll be glad to help you and your wife off-list if you'd like some
pointers.

Good luck!

Dave