[Tutor] Initiating an external email transmission

bw_dw at fastmail.net bw_dw at fastmail.net
Sat Jan 24 23:49:41 CET 2015

I apologize .... I should have known better than to have posted without
getting more info from the user.
Since then, I've discovered that simply sending someone a Py2ExE
executable is not sufficient.
A little more investigation about Py2EXE and I'm beginning to see it
requires both the executable file along with supportive files.
I loaded the executable with all of the supportive files in a win-7
laptop last night.
The error message was
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed>

I googled a little bit and got indicators...something having to do with
a proxy.
But that doesn't make any sense to me.
Getting something to work in Python is fairly easy.
Getting it to work as an executable in a different PC is something else
altogether.

Sorry for causing people frustration!! :-/