[Tutor] Learning python scripts for practical linux activities.

dw bw_dw at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 15 15:07:28 CET 2015

Hello,
I'm new the the group and new to programming in Python.
I would like to find a source, book etc.... of Python learning projects.
Projects that are useful for standard Linux activities like bulk
renaming files, managing repository packages.
Maybe python scripts that incorporate "LAME" for modifying audio files.
Anything of that nature.
As I learn Python, I would like to create Python utilities.
I'm hoping there is some learning material that might lead me in that
direction.
Sincere thanks
 Bw_dw at fastmail.net