[Tutor] Ideas for Child's Project

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 22:46:33 CET 2015

Hello,

My son is interested in programming, and has dabbled in Scratch and done a
tiny bit of Python at school.  He's 11 and is going for an entrance exam
for a selective school in a couple of weeks.  They've asked him to bring
along something to demonstrate an interest, and present it to them.

In talking about it, we hit upon the idea that he might like to embark upon
a prorgamming challenge, or learning objective / project, spending say 30
mins a day for the next week or two, so he can show what he's done and talk
about what he learned.

Any suggestions for accessible yet challenging and stimulating projects?

Any recommendations for books / websites / tutorials that are worth a look?

S.