[Tutor] Python Question: Excluding certain keywords.

Arnold Chung adwc86 at utexas.edu
Tue Feb 17 21:30:34 CET 2015

Dear Python Tutor.

First of all, thank you for your kindness in advance. I am learning python by myself and having some difficulties in a problem that I encounter.

Here I attach my python file.

What I am trying to do is:

1) get the data by opening the data source, which is ‘apple.son'

2) obtain only the text part of JSON.

3) exclude the certain string which includes certain keywords.

Up to part 2), I think it works. However, part 3) it does not return any value.
Do you know why?

I really appreciate your help and I am looking forward your response.
Thank you again.

Best,

Arnold DongWoo Chung
Master’s Degree Student,
Stan Richards School of Advertising and Public Relations
Moody College of Communication
The University of Texas at Austin
512.466.6435 | adwc86 at utexas.edu