[Tutor] GUI

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:59:05 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> Don't expect a whole heap of support from the GUIs. A lot of the work will
> have to come from you.
> I suspect the standard GUI framework Tkinter is not going to be your best
> bet. You might find that PyQt or PyGTK will offer better multi lingual
> support  (although thats just a guess on my part!).

Might I also suggest wxPython?  I tried Tk and Qt early on, but found that
wx fit my needs much better (and I like the looks of the result better too.)
I have little to no experience with LTR handling myself, but there's a very
good, active support list for wxPython and I suspect that someone on that
list may have insights that can help...
wxpython-users at googlegroups.com