[Tutor] Can you help me importing the dataset?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 28 05:18:06 EST 2015

On 28/12/15 09:52, Jinwoo Park wrote:

> I am using python for my project and I got stuck on importing a data.
> My data was generated from other program called Madgraph5 and it is .lhe
> file.

Never heard of it can you show us a very small example of
what the data looks like?

> I thought using usecols or skiprows would've worked, but this data is very
> messy and there are many "<...>"s in between the data (numbers) that I need

Have you written any code? Let us see it.
Which module are you using?

> (I attached a screen shot).

It didn't reach us (or not me at least). Tutor is a text based mailing
list, if you want to post the screenshot somewhere you can send a url
link. Better still would be to cut n paste the content into a mail.

> Also, for numbers, I need to separate rows based on beginning numbers.

I don't understand what that means, can you show us
a before/after example?

> Can you help me separating my data based on beginning numbers please?
> Or can you tell me where I can find the answer?

We'd need a lot more information to understand the problem first.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site