[Tutor] Using python 3 on Ubuntu 14.04

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Dec 24 16:25:33 EST 2015

On 12/23/2015 07:52 PM, Alan Gauld wrote:
> On 23/12/15 23:15, Nnamdi Anyanwu wrote:
>> If you're installing modules with pip, install pip3 and install the
>> appropriate modules using pip3 instead of using regular pip.
>
> Most v3 modules are also available via the Ubuntu package system
> so you can install via synaptic which I tend to find more reliable
> than pip.
>
> YMMV,

Thanks for all the info guys. I got myself confused because I thought
that python 3 was the default for Ubuntu 14.04, but it is just installed
by default. I realize now that the modules need to be installed in the
proper environment.

I know Pythoncard is not maintained any more. I have one program I wrote
using it that I use often so I wanted to see it worked on 14.04. It will
be a good learning experience to rewrite it for python 3 using something
else.

Regards,  Jim