[Tutor] Complications Take Two (Long) Frustrations.

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Tue Aug 25 23:16:07 CEST 2015

Steven D'Aprano schreef op 2015-08-22 09:00:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:29:52PM +0200, Roel Schroeven wrote:
>> Joel Goldstick schreef op 2015-08-21 23:22:
>>> so:
>>>    print -max(-A, -B)
>> That's what I mean, yes. I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it
>> wouldn't work.
>
> It won't work with anything which isn't a number:

True, I hadn't thought of that.

It didn't occur to me to think about anything else than numbers, but I
went back to the original post and the  instructions never mention numbers.

I need to take more care to think out of the box I'm putting myself into
sometimes.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven