[Tutor] OT: Searching Tutor Archives

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 20 01:34:50 CEST 2015

On 19/08/15 18:43, Ken G. wrote:

> explain how to found such an article or kindly refresh my memory on how
> to correct an original file without using a secondary file. Thanks.

Others have explained the search.
Let me just point out that the number of cases where you
want to do such a thing is vanishingly small.

It's incredibly unreliable and error prone and if you mess
it up you will probably screw up the source data such that
you can't recover it or re-run it. It's almost never the
best way to go about things - much better to fake it safely.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site