[Tutor] cannot get a label message to display immediately

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:44:40 CEST 2015

> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 Bill Allen wrote:
>
> Yes, I see.  I will start working on reorganizing the code with that in
> mind.  One other thing that I have found that is quite interesting is that
> with my current code the use of after() works as expect with the message to
> the user showing up in the UI - if I run it through the IDLE editor.
> However, when I run the program from the command line or compile (package)
> the program with pyinstaller and run it as a standalone executable the
> message to the user does not show up in the UI!

Correction!  That was not what was happening.  Simple mistake in my code
was bypassing the call to the fuction with the after() statement and
running my main data processing routine directly.  I had forgot to bind
<Return> to the routine with after() in it.   So, program worked OK when I
clicked the button but not when I hit Return!.  Dumb...