[Tutor] How to effectively use a Student class with SQLite [Was Re: How to design object interactions with an SQLite db?]

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 06:42:33 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
> If your students need to provide a unique email address, then that is
> a possibility to use to distinguish between ones with the same name.

Many of my wife's students do have their own email accounts, but,
alas, not all of them.  I have not totally thought this through yet,
but the student data will include their parents' names and some of
their data.  But it will be my luck that two students will have the
same name, John Allan Smith, with their dads having the same name!
But I guess I can list both parents' names.  Surely that would enable
the user to reliably pick the correct student?

As an aside, when discussing my wife's user requirements for this
project, I found out that some of her students have, shall we say, a
variety of parents:  birth parents, multiple step-parents, parents who
are not allowed to have contact with their children, legal guardians
who are not parents, etc.  Ay, yi, yi!

--
boB