[Tutor] How to use Git from Windows PC for files on Solaris machine where Git cannot be installed?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 30 10:28:07 CEST 2015

On 30/04/15 05:28, boB Stepp wrote:

> That is what I have implemented as of today. I installed Git on my
> Windows PC where I have been doing my actual coding

This is off topic but due to your peculiar restrictions might
be useful so I thought I'd bring it up.

Do you have Cygwin installed on your PC?

Its a Unix-like user environment that runs on Windows including
Python and the other tools (including X windows). It makes
writing and testing code for a Unix box on a Windows box
very much easier.

If you haven't investigated it before I strongly recommend it.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site