[Tutor] CPU Scheduling

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 27 10:03:55 CEST 2015

On 27/04/15 02:18, alex gonsalez wrote:
> Need help trying to implement a CPU scheduling algorithm.I am not even sure
> where to start on this. Can someone please guide me and walk me through the
> steps for this?

Your assignment gives a pretty thorough description of what needs
to be done.

Maybe you can start by drafting a pseudo code description of
the main scheduling algorithm?

Also you could think about the data structures you need. It
mentions a linked list although in Python I'd think a normal
list would do just as well.

What variables are you going to need?
What historic data are you going to store? And how will
that be represented?

It describes two separate algorithms you need to implement.
Can you define those in pseudo code?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site