[Tutor] REPL format

Jim Mooney Py3winXP cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 07:03:29 CEST 2015

On 25 April 2015 at 21:28, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> What REPL are you using? I can't reproduce what you are
> reporting in the standard Python 3.3 interactive interpreter. When I
> print the transit_info I get a single block of text:

Ah, found the problem. I was looking at PyScripter output. When I ran it
from the console and immediately went into interpreter mode to look at the
transit_info, I got the block of text. I have to remember to go to the
console if I'm befuddled by output ;')  Although I really like PyScripter.
I tried the free PyCharm but it involves a lot of garbola and slows me down
at my level. Free Wing is missing a lot of conveniences, like commenting
out a whole block. All the other free editors had various problems. Just my
opinion.

A side note on using Py3, which I now have in my header so I don't have to
keep mentioning it - I decided to use it since most big modules are ported
but I just found out the all-important google api is py 2 only. Bummer. Odd
that google was the major mover in killing IE6 but isn't moving ahead on
Python. PayPal does Py3, though.

--
Jim

If you only had one hour left to live, would you spend it on Facebook,
Twitter, or Google Plus?