[Tutor] sample dictionairies

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 19 10:45:00 CEST 2015

On 19/04/15 02:56, Jim Mooney wrote:
> Where could I download Python sample dictionaries on different subjects.

Like Ben I don't understand what you mean by subject.
However,...

> They're hard to type and I can only do small, limited ones to practice with.

If you just want a large dictionary grab a plain text ebook(*)
and write a short bit of code to extract all the unique words
into a list. Then iterate over that list and create a
dictionary using the words as keys and their length as
values.

If you start with something like the bible then that should give
you a reasonably big dictionary for relatively little typing.

(*)
Project Gutenberg has dozens of free examples.
--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site