[Tutor] How to get a Tkinter window to print a color copy of itself as a .pdf file?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 15 20:42:20 CEST 2015

On 15/04/15 18:00, boB Stepp wrote:

>> import Tkinter as tk
>
> Question: I have been using "from Tkinter import *" as suggested in
> "Programming Python" by Lutz. He remarks that unlike other situations,
> this is generally safe with Tkinter. Is there a benefit to doing the
> import as you have?

Biggest benefit is if you ever move to Python 3 you cansimply change
that line to

import tkinter as tk

and it carries on working (or at least until you hit some
of the other renamed modules!)

But also if you ever get to use Tix, because it is a
superset of Tkinter so you can just change to

import tix as tk

and it keeps working but you now have access to all the
Tix widgets too.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site