[Tutor] question 1

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Sun Sep 21 00:20:09 CEST 2014

I'm ramping slowly unfortunately. How does one go about knowing which module
to import to make certain functions work? I have a read() that fails because
there is no definition for it. I am using the Wing IDE. I have traversed
much of the developer's guide and can't find any certainty.

Secondarily, why can you import a module without it importing all of its
daughters? And why do you have to use a 'for in to import submodule', why
not ' mport module.sub'?

Lastly, in some tutorials and else-sourced docs certain lines have a ';' at
the end. This seems to be most often with 'opens' and 'fopen' kind of calls.

Thanks,

Clayton