[Tutor] subprocess.Popen basics

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 28 21:04:37 CET 2014

On 28/10/14 19:23, Adam Jensen wrote:

> platform. This is what I've discovered so far:
>
> |                     | CentOS-6.5   | OpenBSD-5.5  | DragonFly-3.8.2 |
> | bufsize             | Python-3.4.1 | Python-3.3.2 | Python-3.3.3    |
> |---------------------+--------------+--------------+-----------------|
> | default             | hangs        | works        | works           |
> | -1                  | hangs        | works        | works           |
> | 0                   | works        | works        | works           |
> | 1                   | hangs        | works        | works           |
> | >=2 & <(# of bytes) | works        | works        | works           |
> | >=(# of bytes)      | hangs        | works        | works           |

Looks like you might be best trying this on a CentOS forum/list.
Its not exactly a mainstream distro so the number of folks on this list
who can help is probably limited and even on the main Python list there
probably are only a handful of CentOS users. And it looks increasingly
like a CentOS configuration issue.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site