[Tutor] Full screen mode

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Oct 22 02:52:45 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 05:14:57PM -0400, Nathan Spencer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm running python on Scientific Linux.  The problem is that I'm
> permanently stuck in full screen mode.  Exiting out of that mode (via F11)
> doesn't do anything.  Do you have any suggestions?

I don't know what "full screen mode" means. Do you mean maximized?

It will help if you can tell us how you are starting Python. Python is a
programming language, and there are many different environments that you
might be using to run code in that programming language, e.g.:

- via the terminal
- in the Python interactive interpreter
- via IDLE
- via some third party IDE (integrated development environment)
- embedded in another application

What command do you type or button or menu do you click to start Python?

If you can see the standard window title bar, what happens if you click
the "maximise" box next to the close box?

--
Steven