[Tutor] Installing both Python 2.7 and Python 3.4 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit: Install Python 2.7 FIRST!

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Oct 11 15:35:12 CEST 2014

boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> Wrote in message:

> I can live with 2.7.8 being the default Python, but if I wanted to
> make 3.4.2 the default, how would I go about doing it?

I haven't used Windows in a long while. When I did, I used
 assoc.exe and ftype.exe to set my python to run py.exe.  That
 program is installed by pthon 3.3 and later.  In turn, it
 interprets the shebang line, launching whatever version
 needed.

However somebody corrected me, saying that per-user mappings in
 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes can override the ones set with
 ftype and assoc.

--
DaveA