[Tutor] Sqliute Row row factory

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 6 18:43:41 CEST 2014

I just discovered the SQLite Row row_factory which as the docs say:

-----
If returning a tuple doesn’t suffice and you want name-based access to
columns, you should consider setting row_factory to the highly-optimized
sqlite3.Row type. Row provides both index-based and case-insensitive
name-based access to columns with almost no memory overhead.
-----

Now my question is: Does this exist in the DBAPI or is it SQLite
specific? In other words, if I use this feature will it screw me up if I
try to convert from SQLite to Oracle or Postgres later?

Anyone know?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site