[Tutor] Is there an easy way to center the root window (Tkinter) within the display?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 26 18:50:04 CET 2014

On 26/11/14 17:44, boB Stepp wrote:

>> But forcing a window to be centre of the display is usually
>> a bad idea - and very annoyying to the user, especially if they have

> In the current scenario, users of our planning system will initiate a
> planning system script (proprietary language) that will call my python
> program. The user cannot proceed further until my program completes,

So they can't read email, write reports, browse web sites?
And what if the OS or sysadmin is also trying to catch their eye - maybe
because the server is going down and they have 30 secs to save their work?

Being a 'good guy' in a multi tasking/multi user world is tough :-)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site