[Tutor] http question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 9 09:46:16 CET 2014

On 09/11/14 05:53, Clayton Kirkwood wrote:

> After reading various documentation, it seems that the urllib is limited.
> Perhaps I am wrong and you will clarify that point.

Every library is limited. The issue is not whether it is limited, but
whether it has enough functionality to do what you need to do.

So far you've given us no clue about what you plan on other than the
statement that you want to "do some http posts".

The standard library solution for that in Python land is the
urllib package.

A popular third party alternative is requests.

httplib is normally only needed if you are doing non-standard
things. Accessing a server which is not a web server for example.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site