[Tutor] Basic GIS script for loop question..questions

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 7 19:54:45 CET 2014

On 07/11/14 16:48, Russell Marlow wrote:
> Have a geostats class that has moved into a python section and I have no
> clue what they are doing.  I have been tasked with writing a script for
> ArcGIS that uses the buffer and intersect tool on a range of values 100
> - 500 at 100m steps, and returns 5 new feature classes.  Outside my
> realm for sure. Prof skims over script writing and says for loop, while
> and if else like nothing new here. Any help with be huge.

ArcGIS is a bit off topic for this list (although there are
some users here who might be able to help).

However, 'for' and 'while' and 'if/else' are all within our remit.

What exactly puzzles you? And do you have any programming
experience in other languages like Javascript or VisualBasic etc?

The more specific your question the easier it is to answer!
Include which Python version and OS you are using, and your
development tool if not a standard text editor.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site