[Tutor] Advice needed by a new to Python but abit experience software dev

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Sun May 4 11:54:47 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Muhammed Salman <salmanmanekia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to develop a simple web app. In which i have to create, update, read
> and delete people. I also should be able to make people friends and best
> friends with each other. Now, (obviously) I do not want you guys to do this
> project for me ;). But what I want is that maybe you guys can give me some
> hints about where to start and make my journey easy by giving me some good
> pointers on what to look for and what not to. The technologies I have to use
> for this project are mentioned below :
>
> Flask
> SQLAlchemy
> PostgreSQL
> Git  +  Github
> WTForms
> Heroku
> Bootstrap
> pytest

That’s kinda advanced — and far beyond the target of this list.  You
are better off by asking the main Python mailing list, at
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list — also available
as comp.lang.python on Usenet.  You should start by reading the
documentation for Flask, Flask-WTF and Flask-SQLAlchemy.  All three
have awesome, extensive documentation that will help you out greatly
and help you get started.  (requires Python skills, which you should
get from the official Python tutorial if you are an experienced
developer.)

Also, Bootstrap is a front-end framework: http://getbootstrap.com/ —
and you’re better off asking HTML/CSS people for advice, after you
read the extensive docs.

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://kwpolska.tk>
PGP: 5EAAEA16