[Tutor] Is this possible for a newbie?

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Mon Jul 21 04:41:59 CEST 2014

>> Am a newbie to programming and I started learning python days ago. I
>> have this idea I want to execute, am a big sport and fantasy fan and I
>> wanted to create something that will make it things a little easy for
>> me. My idea is simple I want to create a program that I can enter name
>> and some information about a player, for example:
> [...]

> This sounds more like something for a database than for Python itself.

I agree with Steven; this does sound like a database storage and query
problem.  You can use a general-purpose language like Python to tackle
this problem.  But you may have an easier time if you use a
database-oriented language like SQL to handle the data management.

There's an SQL tutorial in:

     http://sql.learncodethehardway.org/

that might be helpful if you're not already familiar with SQL.