[Tutor] Python open source for beginners

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 06:55:04 CEST 2014

> I am learning Python 3 for fun and as hobby.  I am experienced in C#,
> ASP.Net.  I want to gain more knowledge in Python.  Can somebody
> please suggest open source projects/sites?

Greetings Mitesh, and welcome to Python!

Others will have more advice to give on specific projects, but I would
initially suggest: 1) http://python.org which is the main website for the
open source language -- it has all the docs and a beginners' tutorial, 2)
http://ironpython.net which is the website for IronPython, the open source
version of Python implemented for .NET, an area that you're familiar with,
and where you may feel more comfortable joining the Python world. Finally,
3) http://sf.net/projects/pywin32 -- this is the Python Extensions for
Windows library which allows you to create apps using the MFC library,
including COM clients.

As you start coding and running into issues/problems, feel free to drop by
and ask your questions here along with a description of what you tried,
what didn't work, and what was the output and/or stack trace that you got.

Best of luck!
--Wesley

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com