[Tutor] Anti-Patterns in Python Programming

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 12 22:57:37 CEST 2014

On 12/07/14 20:24, Deb Wyatt wrote:

> CA Clipper was the main language

If I recall correctly it was one of several variants on DBase?
There were also Foxpro and others all sharing similar syntax.

I once got a free copy of DBase4 (back in the days when we
paid for compilers!) but it is still in its shrink wrap - I
suspect its on 3inch floppies which I can no longer read!...

If that's your background you might find the Dabo project
interesting. Its built by some FoxPro guys who wanted similar
features using Python. It has a GUI builder and some nice
tools to build databases and forms.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site