[Tutor] Anti-Patterns in Python Programming

Joseph Lee joseph.lee22590 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 03:00:41 CEST 2014

Hi Deb and others,
Most are for people coming from different languages like C/C++, Java and so
on (I myself am coming from C++ world, and can speak both C++ and Python).
Unless if you're working on specific things, don't worry about some of the
concepts until later (e.g. if you're working on variables, you might want to
note down recommendation on lists, like loops and testing if a list is
empty).
As for learning new things, start with small steps first. In my opinion, it
is better to have objectives on what you wish to learn, and if you want to
speak Python fluently, learn the concepts until you can speak it in your
sleep (you know what I mean). Also I recommend writing some things you truly
wish to learn in Python so the tutors can recommend things you might want to
go over before you learn your dream concept.
Just in case I'm repeating a question that was asked here (as I'm new here),
is python your first ever programming language?
BTW, as a side note, for those who'd like to practice their skills, I highly
recommend Code Eval (www.codeeval.com).
Cheers,
Joseph