[Tutor] Tkinter resizable menu??

Albert-Jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 17:54:41 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hi Peter, Alan,

Yes, that was too much code indeed. Peter's suggestion helped though --thanks! After I added the row/columnfigure commands it was resizable. What  a lot of work for a small menu!

> One thing that did strike me though was that you spend quite
> a lot of code setting up scrollbars etc on your list boxes.
>
> The Tix module has a scrollable listbox widget which is
> quite easy to use and does all that stuff for you.
>
> Simply replace
>
> import Tkinter as tk
>
> with
>
> import Tix as tk

Ahh, I will certainly look into that. Today somebody recommanded Python Megawidgets to me (http://pmw.sourceforge.net/). Might be something similar. I gets much more problem-oriented without all the 'mandatory' stuff like scrollbars.

Thanks again!

Albert-Jan