[Tutor] A beginner having problems with inheritance

Sydney Shall s.shall at virginmedia.com
Wed Jul 9 12:35:13 CEST 2014

On 06/07/2014 23:06, Danny Yoo wrote:
>> My apologies to the tutors.
>> I have identified my error, which was predictably elementary.
>> With many thanks,
>
> By the way, can you say what your conceptual error was or give an
> example?  It might help the other folks here who are learning and who
> may be making a similar mistake.  (And I'm curious!)  But if you don't
> want to say, that's ok too.
>

> Good luck!

Thanks Danny,

My error was simply that I inadvertently used the same name for a method
(function) in the derived class that I had already used in the parent class.
The result was then a very obscure error because the wrong calculation
was performed and later on an array was empty.
Fortunately, thanks to you very generous tutors I have learned to read
the error trace very carefully indeed.
Thanks a lot.
Sydney

--